Safeway Bus Company takes the responsibility of transporting the world’s most precious cargo seriously. As such, we employ individuals with integrity who possess ability to be trusted to make decisions without supervision. We expect you to take pride in your job, care of our equipment, and precautions for safety. We offer an hourly rate and summers off.
How to Apply
To apply for any of the following positions please stop into our office and drop off your résumé and cover letter or a completed application which is linked below.
Safe-Way Bus Company
596 Schommer Drive
Hudson, WI 54016
Phone #: (715) 386-2824
School Bus Driver
Under general supervision, transports school bus passengers between assigned stops and schools according to specified routes and time schedules safely and efficiently. Bus drivers may transport students and adults on field trips and outings. Bus drivers always maintain order during trip and adheres to safety rules when loading and unloading passengers.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Exercises greatest care at all times in transportation of school children
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, employees, equipment, and property
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as reasonably possible
- Opens and closes entrance door and keeps it securely closed while bus is in motion
- Wears safety belt while driving
- Instructs students who ride buses in rider safety annually, and practices emergency exit drills at least twice annually
- Prohibits use of posters, stickers, or advertising material of any kind in or on school bus
- Adheres to provision of Motor Vehicle Code, Pupil Transportation Regulations of Board of Education and terms of the School Bus Driver Handbook including Safeway Bus Company employee handbook
- Fuels the bus following the prescribed routine set forth by Safeway Bus Company.
- Keeps the interior of any vehicle driven clean, including sweeping, dusting the dash, cleaning the windshield, and removing trash on a regular basis
Please fill out the Bus Driver Application form below, and one of the questionnaires depending on if you have driving experience or not. If you do not have your CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) yet, look over the document ‘Getting Your Bus License’ and that process will be explained.